Kinesiology tape (K-tape) is gaining popularity with heathcare providers, patients, and athletes. As a sports chiropractor who is also an athletic trainer, I have been using different types of tapes for a variety of reasons. Standard taping is primarily used to lock a joint down or create a mechanical change in the tissue. K-tape is a flexible tape designed to support while still allowing full range of motion (ROM). This different philosophy led me to take whatever K-tape education I could find. In 2004, it was hard to find a K-tape course, but when a local course was offered, I jumped at the opportunity to get educated about its use.
Latest from the Blog
- 🎁 Best Gift Ideas for Your Fit Fam 🎁 December 7, 2016
- 🚴 Nine Gift Ideas for Your Favorite Cyclist 🚴 November 29, 2016
- 9 Gift Ideas for Your Favorite CrossFitter November 23, 2016
- Dear RockTape, Thanks for Keeping Me Together November 21, 2016
- Using kinesiology tape to soothe pregnancy pain November 17, 2016
#Rock2Rio #RockBlades #RockDocs2Rio #RockTapeH2O #RockToRio 5fingers back pain canada chiro chiropractic chiropractor clinical test crossfit cycling daniel holloway dc diving fitness H2O health kinesio kinesiology tape kinesio tape Kona kttape Medical mobility movement manifesto obstacle course racing Olympics paralympics physical therapy PT recovery Rio rockballs rockdoc rocknroller rocktape RockTape H2O sports medicine swim triathlon waterproof weightlifting